Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Umm..how long are we talkin'?

On any given day I have no idea where a conversation with my eight-year-old will take me.

We went out for Chinese buffet, and in the car little Duncan made up a game he called "Would You Rather." We've all played it in various incarnations at one time or another, you know...he'd say "Would you rather be a dog...or a cat?" "If you were reeeeally hungry, would you rather get plenty of spinach, or a tiny bit of dessert?" "Would you rather be rich, or skinny?" (duh! show Momma the money!)

I got into the spirit and tried to come up with a few thinkers myself. "Would you rather be smart, or kind?" I can't help but notice that both husband and son answered "Smart!" without a second's hesitation. Hmm! No wonder I'm the people person in the family! And so it went on, dozens of questions, until Duncan asked the one that had me in stitches.

"Would you rather suffer, or die?"

No comments: