Sunday, December 9, 2007

4 out of 5 Felons Prefer It

Sorry folks, it's been a slow week, and I've been lazy. I do not, however, want to end the weekend without an anecdote, and this one's had me giggling since last night.

As it so happens, my husband, my roommate and I developed a strong craving for ice cream last night. As it also happens, we live just five or six houses down from a United Dairy Farmers (for those of you who do not live in the Midwest, think '7-11 Meets Baskin Robbins'. Great place, but annoying sometimes when you're trying to pay for gas and a fountain drink and have to wait 15 minutes because the clerk is working the ice cream shop for other customers). Though it was very cold outside and we were three very lazy adults, we had a house full of small people that we can give orders to. Woo!

We called over the resident teenager, Christopher, and gave him money to make the trip for us, with the assurance that he could buy for everyone. As we all began to give him our individual pint orders, complete with second choices in case certain flavors were unavailable, the boy wisely decided to start writing a list. The boy is a smart kid generally....but an abysmal speller. We razzed him a bit as he wrote, and he took it with good humor.

When his list was completed, I took it and scanned it over to make sure everyone's order was correct. What I discovered on the list had everyone in the room in fits of laughter, including Christopher.

My roommate's first choice for ice cream was Mint Chocolit Chip. Okay.

His second choice....was Chokies and Crime.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

they'res nuthing kwite as delishus az fresh chokies drenshed in crime.