Friday, April 20, 2007

It brings all the boys to the yard

The dirtiest comment I've heard all week came unwittingly from the mouth of a sweet young man who looked like a church counselor.

After my shift, I was sitting at the computer in the lunch office trying to make the figures reconcile when the janitor dropped by and set a chocolate shake on the desk for me. Each Friday, the kids have the additional option of buying shakes, and at the end of lunch the janitor divvies up the leftovers.

At some point, a clean-cut, rather handsome young man (administration of some sort, I think) dropped by and was doing some computer work on the cashier terminals out in the cafeteria. He came into the office seeking a pen, and mistaking my cup for a pen/pencil holder, he reached around the monitor, dipped his hand into my shake and pulled back startled, getting chocolate shake everywhere! We had a good laugh about it, and I helped him clean it up. A few minutes later my fellow cashier passed by and said, "Oh, I'm sorry...have you met our new cashier?"

"Oh yes," he replied, flustered. "I got acquainted with her a few minutes ago when I stuck my fingers in her shake."

No comments: