Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Absent-Minded Procrastinator

Folks, I apologize. After letting my blog die all summer, I laid the blame on the long break from school, my biggest source of anecdote material. Then I blamed the Move From Hell. Then, when both situations ceased to be a problem, I promptly let it die again anyway.

And I really have no excuse. I simply got out of the habit again, not just of blogging but of spending any time on the computer whatsoever. I knew it had gotten pretty bad when I logged into my instant messenger for the first time in over a month and was promptly IM'd by a friend of mine, who said "Hey, you're online....are you updating your blog??"

Well, I do love this blog and do not wish to see it die. And while I know it ain't a "blog of note" or anything, I also realize I do have a few regular readers, and so I plan to revive this thing by making more of an effort to write on a regular schedule instead of simply "when I feel like it". I'm thinking either M/W/F, with the occasional weekend post if something special happens. Or Tu/Thu/Su - which would give me two weekday posts and one to write during Duncan's chess club meetings. Which is preferable will depend on how much good material I get from the lunchlady gig and how much time I actually find during the week to write. But either way I am committing to weekly writing from now on.

2 comments:

karin said...

good to see your return ... i have missed your wit. :o)

no apologies necessary - it happens. glad to see you've come to your senses though.

Unknown said...

Was I that friend? I think that's the first thing I IM'd you...I'm glad you're back to updating. I missed reading your adventures, mis and otherwise.